Monday, April 14, 2008

Preston's hives

The day we moved in to our new house Preston started developing hives. It looked more like just an annoying rash at first, but soon became hives. Nick and I were really worried that he was allergic to something in our house! Wouldn't that suck-my kid being allergic to my new house!!! Oh-man.

Well, it was never very consistent, so whenever it happened we just gave him some Benedryl. Today it's the worst it's ever been. Quinn came over to "play" and I am so glad that she was here...she saw the hives and how bad they were and suggested we go to the urgency care. I agreed and off we went. Ash was asleep in the car so it was VERY nice to have the extra hands to hold Ash while I had Preston and could really talk to the dr.

So, the diagnosis is this...he has a very bad ear infection, he's been teething, and he's had a cold on and off for the past month...all that combined has most likely caused a virus that created the hives. If he was allergic to a thing in our house, or detergent, etc, it would only show up in that one spot that has been irritated and Preston's hives are all over and very inconsistent! It's baffling. So, we're starting him on Antibiotics and continuing the benedryl. If it doesn't improve we'll take him to see an allergist. I hope it helps...poor kid! What's next?!?.............


4 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

oh my goodness! poor little man

Laur said...

OMG when Christopher told me about this I had NO CLUE it was this bad. I am so glad you took him in. Thats HORRIBLE. I hope he gets better asap.

Laur said...

OMG when Christopher told me about this I had NO CLUE it was this bad. I am so glad you took him in. Thats HORRIBLE. I hope he gets better asap.

arah said...

remember when i was with you the day you guys looked at the house and he came down with a rash on his face? I wonder if it is something in your house? amybe the little dog had something to do with it. I would wipe your walls down and maybe look at having your carpet cleaned. just a suggestion. That really stinks...poor little guy.