Friday, September 25, 2009

Honeymoon

When Nick and I got married nearly 9 years ago, we never actually had a honeymoon. We got married after being engaged only 2 weeks, and since it was such short notice, and since Nick was unemployed at the time (I know, what was I thinking...lol...oh, wait, I was in love...and only 20), we didn't have any money to go on a honeymoon so we stayed our wedding night at a wonderful little hotel called the Kempus in Spokane WA.

So here it is, almost 9 years later and we are finally going on a little honeymoon. We are leaving Friday night to Park City--only an hour away--and will be back Sunday night. Quinn is coming to our house Friday and staying with the kids overnight and then they are off to Grandma and Grandpa Call's house for Saturday and Sunday. It's the first time we've left the kids that long and I am really going to miss them, but this "second" honeymoon is LONG over due and I feel like now that my kids are 3 and almost 7 I feel comfortable enough to leave them. Plus, I know they are in GREAT hands!

I am SO excited...Nick and I have been doing a countdown for about 2 weeks now. T-minus 16 hours until we leave! Yipee!!!!!!

2 comments:

Patrick and Emily said...

Have fun!

Brittany said...

Yay! I hope you are having a great time! You guys need it...