Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Year...a NEW me!


It's a new year and for everyone in the world (it seems) that means a resolution to "get skinny". Well for me, it's something I have been slowly working on since the end of September last year. I took some much needed "time off" during the holiday since my heart wasn't really in to it--staying on track.

Now that the holidays are over, and Nick and I spent the whole weekend organizing our house and cleaning--including pulling out our fridge, cleaning behind it, on top of it, inside it, etc, I finally feel ready to start again and dedicate myself to losing some more weight!
I have about 35 lbs to lose and about 7 months to get there! I lost 20 lbs between October 1 and Nov 15, so I'm pretty sure I can lose the last 35 in 7 (long) months! (We have a family reunion on my side of the family in July so that's why my goal is for July!) I plan on taking time off in March for my birthday and to reassess and refocus my mind to continuing on, but for now, I am excited and VERY ready! I'm excited to blog about my journey, and in the end, when I'm successful, I'll clue you all in to my "secret". ;-)

Nick is going to work on losing a little weight too, but he'll do it differently than me...his main focus is to cut out ALL soda and ALL fast food! He did this between Oct 1 and Nov 15 with me and lost 10 lbs! SO proud of him! It's a fun journey to be on with him! He helps me stay on track and I help him stay on track. And thankfully, we don't have the kind of relationship where we enable the other to cheat either! We keep the other strong! It's great!


Anywho....that's about it for now...more blogs to come! :-) Cheers to you all, and good luck to any of you who are trying to lose some weight this year! I wish you BIG successes.

No comments: