Saturday, March 12, 2011

Happy birthday to ME

I turned 31 years old on Tuesday March 8.

I was obviously sad that Nick wasn't here to celebrate my birthday with me, and since I knew my kids technically couldn't throw me a party, I figured this birthday would come and go like any other day, with no celebration.

And I was ok with that, for the most part.

My birthday went like this:
Woke up, showered/dressed
Got Preston ready, sent Ash off to school
Took a couple of pictures of myself as a 31 year old:


Then loaded up Preston and headed off to meet my parents who are watching him 2 days/week while I work.
Dropped off P, Went to work... no one there knew it was my birthday, and I didn't tell them.
Picked up P and found that he and my mom made me cupcakes and I got a card from my parents and a card from Preston! awww. :-) So sweet!!! :-)





Ash came home from school and she and her friend went to play in her room...later she called me up and told me that she had cleaned her room as a birthday present to me!!! (seriously, best gift ever from her!)
did housework, etc...
Then I got a call from Jana who offered to make and bring me dinner since "no one should have to cook on their birthday!" How sweet!!! The dinner was SO delicious--Mango Chicken and Rice. it was something I've never had before but LOVED!!!
At 7pm Juli and Randy came over and promptly Juli wisked me off for a surprise while Randy stayed to watch the kids. She took me to wal-mart...not exactly the kind of place I'd have chosen to go to for my birthday, but instead she took me inside to the nail place and we got Pedicures!!! It was my very first time getting a pedi and it definitely won't be my last! There was only one lady working that late, but she was so nice and so efficient and we both really liked her a lot!

Juli--checking over the menu items. ;-) We actually got the deluxe pedi for the regular pedi price! yay!


This was my best friend during my pedi...my massage chair controller! oh man, I loved that chair!!!
Cant you tell? ;-) lol.

she had to bring out the power tools for my feet! sick!

Wrapping Juli's feet in hot wax. it was really hot, but felt SO good!!!


Then she put this green stuff on my feet....(not sure what that was)

and covered them with hot towels... mmm....

Then my feet got some hot wax too!

My feet and calves got a lotion massage and then she painted them the color I chose.

and painted beautiful Hawaiian flowers on my toes.

She gave us these funny little shoes to wear instead of our regular shoes. We felt like little Geisha girls trying to walk thru walmart. It was for sure a fun time! We decided we need to do this every time either of us goes to visit the other. I think that's a great idea!!!

the finished products. Our feet look great!!! :-)
After I got home, and Randy and Juli left, I got to skype with Nick and he ended up being the first and the last to wish me a happy birthday! :-)

It ended up being a great birthday! Thanks to my family (and a couple friends who stopped by or called to see me) for making my birthday as great as possible! I had a wonderful day! :-)

4 comments:

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

I enjoyed this post - fun to read all about it. I'm gunna have to try that pedicure sometime!! Love you. mom

Nick and Meg said...

you can take me with you to get another pedi! :-)

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday. Aren't pedicures the best?!!

Tamsen said...

Awesome birthday! Love you!