Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gymnastics

About a month ago I signed up for Groupon.com. It's a cool site that sends you daily deals targeted to where you live and what your likes/dislikes are, etc. A couple days in to it, I got a deal for gymnastics--6 weeks for $29 at VEGA (Vancouver Elite Gymnastics Academy). My friend, Amanda (Stevens) Hadley is a coach there and I was really excited when I figured out that she would be coaching Ashleigh. (oh ya, the groupon was for Ashleigh, not me! lol.) Ash was SO excited to get back in to gymnastics again! She goes every Tuesday for 1 hr.

Last Saturday they had a "Parade of Planets" event. The classes are called--Earth, Mars, Sun, Jupiter, etc... All the kids in these classes came to this event. They did a warm up and then the kids could take their parents around and demonstrate the elements that they have been working on. It was really cute to see her show off, even tho I see her do these things every week, it was nice to be on the floor with her and give her my undivided attention and praise. After, all the kids got a little certificate and ribbon. Ashleigh was so proud of herself and so was I.

(Ash is in the red/white leotard with her back to us. )








Ashleigh--age 8 (2011)
Man, how she's changed! :-)
Ashleigh--age 4 1/2 (2007)

3 comments:

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

Hopefully you can get a job soon so she can continue! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Please stop time. She is growing up too darn fast. I love the pictures. The card thing is hilarious. They must have taken a clue from the Easter Jelly Bean thing. Great kids. I miss you and love you.

Tamsen said...

Congratulations, Ashleigh! How fun!!