Friday, July 24, 2009

Our Yard...Part 3

Randy, the hydroseed guy came right on time today. I was expecting a HUGE contraption that he would have to drive around our property. I had planned on asking him to go around to the alley in back and spray from there, but there was no need! He just backed the little trailer thing up to our curb and pulled out the long hose!

(see how dead our grass is in front? That's what we got a $100 fine from the HOA for! Grrr...)

He brought his daughter along to help out...

Here it comes....It didn't come out nearly as green and I expected, but still looked good...and I LOVED the smell! (yes, I am strange!)


He really took his time spraying it on (even though it took only about 15 min to do the whole thing) and told me that he really caked it on--spraying about 5700 sq feet of seed even though we only needed about 3800 sq feet. He had a lot of extra seed so he was happy to unload some extra on our yard! I am happy about it too...means if I water it right, and fertilize it right we'll have some really thick and luscious and dark green grass in no time! :-)

The kids were disappointed that they couldn't be out there to watch...They loved watching Randy work through the back door window though.

And watching me talk to Randy in front after he was done spraying...I made him go over the watering/fertilizing schedule 3 times so I made sure I got it right! (He wrote it all down for me.)

Side yard--End result

Rear yard--end result
Now I just have to water every 2 hours for 4-6 min each time for the next 2+ weeks! We have a family reunion coming up next week...looks like I'll be spending more time at home than I expected....hmmm...
(Hey, Em...want to come hang out at my house?)

4 comments:

Tamsen said...

Did you use the same hydroseed guy as Dad? He did a great job! Can't wait to see your yard.

Couldn't you just hire a neighbor kid to come over and do the watering during the reunion? We don't see you enough...

Nick and Meg said...

I don't know any of the neighborhood kids...they are either too young, or I know they would purposely screw it up! Lol..I could ask around! The other problem is that the control box is in our garage and I really don't feel comfortable having someone in there and possibly having access to our house and garage code. We'll do the best we can to be at the reunion as much as possible, but both Nick and I have to work too, so I don't know! I may be able to just see Emily on non-work nights. Otherwise, I think we won't see any of you until Sunday when you are at our house for the festivities! It's sad, I know! Sorry!!!

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

Can Nick set the control box to match that? That's what Dad did to ours. We are so sad that you are missing so much of the reunion. Is Nick going to be able to bring the kids up to Mirror Lake on Saturday? We'd love to see you guys as much as possible. Love you. mom

Nick said...

First of all I work Saturday til 6 or 7 depending on business needs.. so I wont be attending most all the reunion until Sunday.. Also, until we get the leaky valve replaced that fills up the front valve box, we cant leave the main water on to the outside all day.. Pretty much sums that one up. Sunday will be good, please remind all the family who will be attending our house that we have a lot of projects going on, inside and outside, so SUNDAY BEHAVIOR will be expected of all the children. Well as much as possible.. lol... Kids are still kids.. lol...