Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ashleigh turns 7


Today, my sweet Ashleigh turned 7 years old! Wow....I can't believe how fast 7 years just flies by! Ashleigh is constantly referred to as our "perfect child". She is compassionate, loving, empathetic, loyal, sweet, sensitive, affectionate, attentive, motherly, happy, entertaining, beautiful, friendly, Smart, thoughtful, etc... She was always the kind of child who obeyed the first time--if she did something bad, we would correct her behavior and she wouldn't do it again. (Wish Preston were like that, lol). She makes friends easily and has some best friends already. She loves school and loves learning new things.

From the mouth of Ashleigh:
What are your favorite subjects in school? Art, and listening center, and math.

What is your favorite color? Blue, red, and Green

What is your favorite thing to eat? Mac N Cheese
What is your favorite thing to wear? My Halloween costume
Who is your favorite neighborhood or school friend to play with? Jasna
What is your favorite activity/thing to do? Art
Do you like to do chores? No

Do you like to do homework? Yes
What would you do in 1 day if you could do anything you wanted? Either play with my friends or I would color
What is the name of your favorite book to read? "A Time for Everything"
When is your favorite time of year? I like winter, because of the snow

Do you have a favorite number? 7 is my number
What do you want to be when you grow up? A teacher or I would like to be a Chef

What is your favorite thing about being a big sister? That I get to be the boss of him every morning

What is your least favorite thing about being a big sister? I don't like when he takes stuff from me.
Who is your favorite parent? mommy, cause you tickle my back
What is your favorite thing to do with daddy? Going on a daddy-daughter date

Do you like sports? I do like gymnastics

What is your favorite dessert? blueberry muffins

Do you like drawing pictures for me? yes

I love my Ashleigh... for those of you who don't know, we named her after 2 people....
the first is a girl I met when Nick and I were first dating. her name is Ashley Sanders. We all went on a group date in Spokane and I had to borrow a skirt from her. She was warm, kind, sweet, friendly, and I felt like her best friend after only knowing her for a few minutes. She was (is) also incredibly beautiful with the most gorgeous hair!

The second is
Ashleigh Banfield. She is a pretty famous TV journalist and war corespondent. I first saw her in my late teens and was struck by her beauty, her confidence, her eloquent way of speaking, her intelligence, etc. When we had our Ashleigh, we chose this specific spelling because we wanted her "simple" name to be a little more unusual. And Nick and I secretly hoped that our Ashleigh would have the same personality traits, intelligence, and attributes as the 2 women we named her after. So far, it seems that she does, which makes us very happy. :)

I absolutely adore my Ashleigh and I am so happy that she is 7 years old and that we get to share her birthday with her!


Happy birthday, Ashleigh
we love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashleigh is a joy. Pure joy!!! We love you so much Ashleigh!!! Happy Birthday again! Love, Grandma and Grandpa Call. We love you too Preston!