Saturday, December 17, 2011

Call Family Theater




I invited the Mooney girls over to watch a movie with my kids. Finley wanted to stay, but she needed a nap so she left with Emily after a few minutes. We rented Monte Carlo. I got a whole bunch of snacks that are sure to make any kid sick, and we set up the living room with pillows, blankets, and darkened the whole room--no lights on and the curtains were closed. It was very movie theater like. Everything started out good...the kids watched and ate and watched and ate. Then about 40 min in to the movie I realized that Preston was gone, then Avery left, and soon after Bridget and Ashleigh left too.  I was there all by myself...hmm. I waited about 5 min and I heard them upstairs playing. So I turned the movie off. Preston and Avery decided to play computer games and Bridget and Ashleigh decided to play "girl stuff" in her room. Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted. :-) Maybe we'll try it again in another 6 months or so. :-)

No comments: