Monday, December 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, Nicholas

For years and years, Nick has said that he'd love to go see either Mannheim Steamrollers, or the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. We've never been able to go for 1 reason or another so when I heard that the Trans-Siberian Orchestra was going to be in Portland the day before Nick's birthday, I just knew I had to do everything I could to make sure we could go!

Originally I wanted it to be a surprise, but I'm never able to keep a secret when I'm really excited so I let Nick guess...and he guessed right.

With a bunch of help, I was able to secure a (non-family member) babysitter and then I bought the tickets! Yay! We got really good seats, for the price I paid and it was so fun to just be out alone together.

We drove to the Max station at PIR and left the car there, then we rode Max down to the Rose Quarter Arena.

In our seats waiting for the show to start. We were sitting next to some really friendly people which made it a lot better. I think the couple sitting next to me were on a first date...it's just the vibe I got.

The view from our seats. We were really far back, but we were right in front of the stage and we really had a great view!




There were lasers and lots of lights and effects and an amazing Christmas program. It was really entertaining. I'm amazed by all the talent! Nick and I both loved it so much!!!

Nick was surprised when we got home to see a bunch of signs all over the house that the kids made and put up for daddy for his birthday! :-) What wonderful kids we have!







It was a great anniversary/birthday and we had a great time! I'm so grateful for these random date nights that we get. :-)

No comments: