Wednesday, March 5, 2008

After a month at Wal-mart I have been asked to be a Manager. My availability is limited since Nick works full-time. I also don't want to work full-time so it's hasn't been a possibility for me to take any other position than cashier until now. They are in dire need of at least 2 more managers and many more evening, nights, and weekend cashiers. Since they are so desperate, I have been able to negotiate my own schedule. Once I get the official word from my bosses, I'll be overnight CSM (Customer Service Manager). I'll be working 2 nights on the weekend and then 1 short evening shift during the week. I'll be working about 20 hours/week which is more than I am working now by working 5-6 days a week! Nick and I were talking about how much gas I would use working almost every evening and traveling from Eagle Mountain to Salt Lake as a cashier vs. working as a CSM and only going in 2-3 days a week I'll be using much less gas! I think it'll be good all around. Anyway...that's my work update. I really enjoy my job and the people there and I am really excited about this new challenge!

4 comments:

arah said...

good for you! I guess blessings come in disguise. It is amazing what happens in your life when you you are trying to do the right thing and just having faith that everything will work out. We love you guys and sure miss you too.

Josh n Betsie said...

CONGRATS! That is so awesome. Everything seems to be going well for you. Love ya

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. You are so smart. That is awesome and I hope you love it. Wow, you and Quinn both managers. How about that? Very cool. Love you...

Laur said...

swaeeet.
sounds like the perfect solution really! You are a good candidate too because you function on very little sleep!