Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ah...sleeping peacefully

What a great sight to see---Preston puts himself to sleep! Preston is such a great sleeper these last few months! He tells me when he is tired, so I get him a bottle (Which I need to try to ween him off of) carry him upstairs, lay him in bed, kiss him, tell him it's time to go ni-night and that I love him then I leave the room. He will just lay there and go to sleep--it's AMAZING!!! He does this for naps as well as bed time. I LOVE it! Now, I just have to figure out how to get his diapers to NOT LEAK at night! He wakes up pretty much every night around 1am because his diaper has leaked-Grrr....I'm happy for suggestions on good overnight diapers---we've tried White Cloud, Luvs, Target brand, and Wal-mart brand. Thankfully, once I change his diaper and his clothes he goes back to sleep really easily, but it is annoying to do that nightly.

3 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

HUGGIES!!!! We only have leaks every once and a while with them. That is usually when we change them WAY before bed time and forget to change before they go to bed.

arah said...

i was going to mention Huggies also. they are great at bedtime. Brinley has always been a kid who doesn't pee in her sleep. even when she was just a baby, she would wake up with a dry diaper. However, when she's gotta go, she's gotta go and she will pee FOREVER! If I didn't catch her diaper in time, it would be sopping. Huggies fixed the problem.

Anonymous said...

How cute is that? He actually got that wanting to go to bed thing from me, in case you didn't know that. I actually would ask my mom if I could go to my bed at naptime and I was always ready to go to bed at night. Glad that boy got something from me. Hee hee! Miss you guys. Love you...