Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Day camp for Ashleigh

I enrolled Ashleigh in 4 weeks of day camps. It's called the mother's survival camp. Ha ha. This week Ashleigh is doing Cooking Camp, next week is Princess Camp, then she'll have a week off, then Chocolate Camp, and finally Art Camp. It's 3 days each week.

Today was Ashleigh's first class. We got there about 6 minutes early. The lady at the front said that Ash could wait inside and they would walk her back when class started, but she squeezed my hand and told me that she wasn't ready for me to leave & that she was nervous cause she doesn't know anybody! So we went back to the van and waiting together for class to start. When it was time for her to go in, she gave me a hug, told me she was going to miss me and off she went...with no hesitations!

I was so proud of her bravery, but after she left, I was the baby and blubbered a little bit. I felt like my heart was going to come out of my chest it was so full of pride and love for my little girl. I can't believe that she is 5 years old and that she has only 2 months until she starts kindergarten!
Where has the time gone!?!

Oh- at camp today, they made Muddie Buddies (Chex, chocolate chips, pnut btr, powdered sugar, etc). Then they went out and looked at bugs... All in all, she had SO MUCH FUN!!! ;-)

3 comments:

arah said...

how fun.I bet she can't wait for the rest of the Summer.

Josh n Betsie said...

Oh ash...my little girl has gotten so big. I hope she has fun at all those camps.

arah said...

hey Megan,
about GNO. We started our little group 3 years ago, just a bunch of moms that had babies in the same Summer and became good friends. If you lived here, you would fit right in with all the girls.
Just get a bunch of oyur friends together that get along pretty well and plan a night once a month to do something. It's something that I look forward to every month. It's like my night off and i don't have a curfew. We have done tons of different things and like to try new restaraunts.
Does that help?