Wednesday, March 10, 2010

On Monday I turned 30 years old!!! I can't believe I am 30, but unlike many, it was a welcomed
birthday for me. Even though I am a mom and have been married for 9+ years and have pretty
much lived on my own since I was 18, I haven't quite felt like an adult until now. The meaning
of 30 to me is that now I am an adult. I am a grown-up. I feel like I have more knowledge than
I did in my 20's. More love. More understanding. More empathy. More of me to give. I think
being 30 is going to be great, no matter what life throws at me...I know I'll be able to handle it!


Nick did a great job surprising me this year....he made plans ahead of time with my sis-in-law
Jana to watch Preston during the day, then my dad-in-law Randy picked Preston up, and then
picked up Ash from school and kept them kids at their house the whole afternoon/evening.
Nick and I had a little picnic breakfast at a park...we chatted, and reminisced. Then he took
me to see Dear John (good beginning...and first half, but neither of us liked the middle or
ending...bummer.) We had to stop in to his work, and then we got a late lunch...I got my
favorite--Thai fresh veggie spring rolls. YUM!!! Then we went to Sub Zero Ice Cream (yum)
and played pool. We went home and celebrated my birthday there for a while.... we played
some games and went on a walk. It was SO great spending the entire day alone with Nick...
we didn't talk about the kids at all, or "real life"...we just enjoyed spending time together and
not worrying about anything but each other.


After a while being at home we were finally told we could come pick up our kids.... To my
surprise, when we got to Mom and dad Call's house they had a small family surprise party for me!



Mom Call made my favorite Lemon cake. They decorated and gave me a gift card to Kohl's. :-)
Yay, I get to go shopping!!! :-) It was a GREAT surprise!


It was a perfect day!!!

1 comment:

Riley and Breanne said...

Happy belated birthday!! Weirdest feeling knowing that your 20's is in the decade behind you!