Friday, October 29, 2010

October 15

October 15th is the National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. I took some time out that day to reflect on my own loss and the loss my other family members experienced. Others did things like lighting a candle and keep it lit for 1 hour. Nick's aunt Arah bought 3 balloons, wrote the babies names and dates on them and then released them in to the sky that evening. I was so touched when we asked me what color balloon Christian should have. I never really thought about what color he would like, but when she asked, Green came to mind so that's what I chose. This is his balloon.

She also got a balloon for her own daughter--Olivia Kamille Kunz--who died shortly after she was born on November 11, 2007.
And there's a balloon for Nick's cousin's daughter who was stillborn on August 24, 2010. Mackenzie Eva Kunz.
We've decided that our family has lost too many babies and it needs to stop!

There was quite a group that gathered to release their own balloons...It's such a beautiful, touching, and sad sight....
Thank you, Arah for always remembering my son and for being in my sad sad club. You're so amazing!!! :-)

No comments: