Sunday, July 31, 2011

Portland Fountains

When I was in elementary school I remember going to Portland to see the fountains and being able to play in them. It was a fun field trip. I thought it'd be fun to take the kids. I was going to do it myself while Nick was at work during the week, but he decided he wanted to come with us so we went today! :-)
We drove to the Expo Center and parked and got on Max and rode it the last stop at PSU. Then we did a walking tour with a map I printed off to see a bunch of the fountains. Some were just to look at, but the other ones were where lots of people go and play in them (even though there's a sign saying you're not supposed to...oh-well) Then we rode Max back to our car and came home. It was really a lot of fun and the kids loved playing in the fountains and getting wet. They didn't even mind wearing their wet clothes all the way home! (mental note: bring a towel next time)

On Max

fountain #1

Fountain #2

Fountain #3

Fountain #4...finally one to play in! :-)







Fountain #5

Fountain #6-another one to play in...and boy was it BUSY...so many people "swimming" and laying out, etc..


We also went to the waterfront fountain #7, but neither kid wanted to play in it! strange..I saved that one for last cause I figured they'd want to play there the longest! I didn't get any pictures either...oh-well

Then we walked back the Pioneer Courthouse Square (fountain #8) to wait for our Max train back to our car. FUN day!! :-)

1 comment:

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

love reading your blogspot and catching up on the kids. The fountain trip looked amazing! Great outing!! Give my love to everyone!