Sunday, July 31, 2011

Yesterday I was really tired so I took a little nap on our couch. I woke up a bit later to itch my arm. And then again woke up to itch my arm. Later I kept waking up to itch my neck--over and over and over again. then finally woke up cause next to my mouth was all itchy. I finally said screw it and I woke up...but my arm, neck and face were itching so bad...I went to the bathroom to see what was going on with my face and I was covered in mosquito bites! Grrr. I had 1 big bite on my left arm, 4 on my neck and 2 on my face. Stupid mosquitoes!! And this is one of the main reasons why I don't go camping!! I was in my house for goodness sake. Sheesh!!!

On the 28th Nick sent me a text letting me know he cut his finger at work and was heading to the hospital. He didn't sound panicked, so I didn't panic but I was definitely concerned since I didn't know the extent of the cut.
He was simply throwing away a piece of scrap metal at work, but it was oily and it slipped out of his hand and somehow cut through his glove and cut open his Left ring finger. It's pretty deep and required 3 stitches. Nick said you could "see the meat" in his finger. gross. I'm SO glad it wasn't worse and so glad that aside from the annoyance of not being able to use his finger, he's doing just fine and will recover fully. He gets his stitches out on Friday.


In Utah, Nick's cousin Lindsey would color my hair. She always did such a great job!! I miss her... but, she gave me advice on buying hair color at Sally's and how to do it. I was stressed out to do it since I haven't done my own hair color in 4 years and there was so much growth since I had it colored last...But I did it...and aside from a little brassiness, I think it turned out pretty good.
BEFORE:

AFTER:





1 comment:

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

and that is why I wasn't happy about Nick working there again - I don't want any of his talented cello fingers being cut off!! CAREFUL!! Love you! mom

(PS: Send me the color suggestion - I really like that color!)