Friday, September 16, 2011

Birthday Boy


Wednesday, September 14th, was Preston's 5th birthday! :-) My little baby is growing up so fast and I hate it! I want him to stay small forever...so I can carry him and hold him and snuggle him and kiss him. He's my little baby....but he's not as much anymore. He's getting so big and so grown up. dang it.

Anyway, so after I tucked the kids in the night before, I waited a bit to make sure they fell asleep and then I started wrapping Preston's birthday presents. I made this "Happy Birthday Preston" sign. I blew up a bunch of balloons and put them in Preston's room. I also hung up about 20+ freight train picture/posters in his wall in his room as well so when he woke up in the morning he was surrounded by trains and balloons. (which he loved!)

Preston and I took Ashleigh to school then we picked up daddy at home and took him to a doctor appointment.
For lunch Preston got to have McDonalds, which is a rare treat for him. Then we went to Felida Moorage to watch trains. We arrived just as one was zooming by. We only waited about 20 min before another one came by. It was awesome to watch and we even got a flattened penny. :-)
When Ashleigh got home from school she and I hid Preston's gifts and then we let him hunt for them.
His request for gifts this year was Angry Birds and the movie Rio. So, that's what he got, plus some clothes and money from Gma/Gpa Call and Quinn, and a gift card from Gma/Gpa Ballard. (We're planning on taking P to spend his $$ and gift card tomorrow)
:-)


LOVE this boys smile!!!















(his finished train)

We got Ash a craft to do along with Prestons


The gift he wanted most of all!
We also got a pinata...Preston chose the motorcycle. Nick held it for the kids and they both took whacks at it.




We got a mini train ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins...I love that P says his wish out loud! :-)

1 comment:

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

Love this post about his birthday! What did he get with the gift card? Seriously miss these grandchildren!! Love you.