Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of Kindergarten

Today is Ashleigh's first day of Kindergarten! We decided to carry on the traditions of my family (I think Nick's family too...) Last night Nick gave Ashleigh a father's blessing and today I took first day of school pictures.

Ashleigh picked out her own outfit....Thanks to Grandma Call for the VERY pretty shirt!
Oh Preston---what a HAM!!!

She is holding the K to represent that she is going to Kindergarten.


Here she is outside her classroom--#160. She is still all smiles! She was SO excited!!!

Ashleigh is #3 so she hangs her back pack on hook #3 and everything that has her name on it also has the #3 on it.

Ashleigh's classroom....the lady bent over on the right in blue/white/orange is her teacher-Miss Billings. the boy to the right of miss Billings is one of the only kids who had a tantrum...Ash started crying when she saw him crying. *sigh* Ashleigh's chair is right behind where the teacher is standing (where her butt is).

Ashleigh in her seat....still smiling, but the crying started right after this picture. She kept asking me to stay. I firmly told her I could not stay and that I would be back at 2:30 to pick her up. I told her I loved and to have fun and then I took off.

I stood outside the classroom with another mom--I made a friend--and comforted her. She was having a hard time leaving her son (only child) so we stayed outside the classroom for a few minutes and talked and watched the kids. Ash never looked back when I left and she seemed to be doing fine. I am excited to talk to her and see how her first day went!!! :)
My view from the door--Ashleigh's back is to us...can you spot her?

4 comments:

Tamsen said...

Can't wait to hear how the first day went!! I'm so glad Ash was feeling well enough to go. And I'm glad you made a new friend, Meg! Love you!

Anonymous said...

So fun to see the pictures, made me feel like I was there also. She is so so pretty and I am so proud of her and her parents. Love you all so much!!!!

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

What a great report, Megan! Give Ash a big kiss and love from us and tell her that we are proud of her for being so brave about her first day of school. How I remember your first day - you marched in, told me to go home, and walked away. Boo hoo. Love, mom

Laur said...

My mom and I were talking about this same thing just the other day. I told my mom I know the first day I drop him off at school I am going to run out and bawl my head off. My mom goes...oh yes indeed you will.
Crap!