Tuesday, August 12, 2008

School registration & shopping

Here's Ashleigh after we registered her for Kindergarten. She has an assessment with her teacher sometime next week (we'll find out who her teacher is on Monday) and she'll start school on Monday the 25th!!! Holy cow, it's getting close! Here's something interesting---she goes to school on Mondays at 12:13pm and on Tues-Fri at 12:43pm. Ok, can I just say that's weird??? Why not just make it 12:15 and 12:45??? hmmm..... Anyway, registration was smooth and easy and we were both VERY excited!


Then today I took Ashleigh to buy her school backpack and a couple new pairs of shoes. She had such a hard time deciding between 3 or 4 different backpacks, but soon decided on a light pink sparkly Barbie one. (It was my favorite, but I did let her make the final decision). She also got a lunch box--even though she won't need it. Oh-well.




3 comments:

Patrick and Emily said...

I can't believe she is almost in kindergarten!
Sorry I didn't call you right back. Got involved in lunchtime, naptime and then heading to gymnastics. I'll call you soon.

Em

Anonymous said...

This almost makes me cry. How could our Ash have grown up right before our eyes so fast? I am so excited for her though. She is going to love school, thanks to a wonderful mom who has prepared her so very well. Love you...

Tamsen said...

Yeah, Maura will go to school at 10:53 on Mondays and 11:23 Tues-Friday. Can't we deal with round numbers here?? Crazy~!