Monday, February 4, 2008

Dr. Appts....


So, I took Preston to the Dr. today. Turns out he has an ear infection and has bronchiolitis/RSV. We just saw the same Dr. only 4 days ago-strange how fast these things can come on! Ash was diagnosed with basically the same thing when she was about 2 1/2 and has been on breathing treatments ever since whenever she starts getting a cough. We'll be adding Preston to the recipient of those treatments now too.

I saw my Dr. after we were all done with Preston's and they did a Rapid Strep Test-I guess it's one they can run in the office so you don't have to wait for the lab. It is known to show positives, but does a lot of false negatives. Mine came back negative-BUT, my Dr said that it looks like someone scratched up the back of my throat and I have red blotches and white spots all over. He decided to give me meds for it anyway. Thank goodness-I am at the point now where anything will be better than this!

So, Ash and Preston get to do treatments together, Preston and I get to take Antibiotics together, and shock of all shocks, Nick is totally healthy! What a switch this family has made!

Here's to getting better soon, and our lives getting back to normal! I am having a hard time even remembering what that was like! ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your hearts. So glad you got to go to the Dr. and find out what was going on. I am praying for all of you. Love, Grandma Call