Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday, Preston!!!

Way back in July, Nick and I thought it would be nice to throw Preston a friend party for his birthday this year. Then I decided I am not up to handling a lot of little kids at one time, so we scratched that idea and came up with a new plan. We were going to have a family party over the weekend and then invite Cooper over to share in some fun activities with Preston on his actual birthday. Well, that didn't happen either. In my earlier post I wrote about my parents taking Preston out to get his b-day present and go on a birthday date. Well, the next morning, Preston was pretty sick--cold/flu, fever, runny nose, and cough. It came on really suddenly! Monday night, he was doing obviously better, but not well enough where I felt comfortable sending him to preschool or having Cooper over...just in case. So, Preston spent this morning with Daddy while Ashleigh was at school and I was at work. When I got home, Nick and I let Preston open some of his gifts.....

It's a train whistle

What's next???

It's a Thomas the Train plate!

A new shirt...you may roll your eyes, but I am proud of it!! I did ALL those things and that makes Preston a VERY lucky boy! :-)

Next is....


It's a Thomas the Train lunch box....are we seeing a theme here??? ;-)
Then Nick had to go to work and I had to go get Ash from school. When we got home, Ashleigh took the gifts I bought for her to give to Preston--and hid them. Then Preston came out of his room and we played "hot and cold" to find his gifts...here are videos.





Toby the "very useful engine"




"Henry"

The kids played with the trains a bit and then we had cake.... (all along, Preston's been asking for "the chocolate cake that you had at your birthday, mom"....then he said he wanted a train cake... in the end he chose an orange marble cake. Such a strange boy!)
--Video of us singing happy birthday--minus daddy. :-(



Blowing out his candles

Yay, he's officially 4 years old once he blows out his candles. ;-)

Preston wanted to eat his own name....
but then gave it to Ashleigh to eat and instead ate the word "HAPPY"


Wow....my kids sure do look alike!!
those are some BIG smiles! ;-)


Later in the evening Nick's parents came over and gave Preston his gifts. Grandpa tried to tease him and say that the present was for him--which Preston didn't like at all--so grandpa gave the present to Preston. ;-)
The card

The gifts...
Thomas the Train Take along trains and tracks!

Preston insisted on opening the train package himself!
He struggled for a bit and then grandpa opened it for him



Isn't it cute?!?! Preston loves it!!!
The trains go around and around thru a tunnel

And then it folds up with the trains inside and you can carry it around with you!
Pretty cool, huh? :-)

He played, we visited, and then Grandma gave Preston his 4 spankings. ;-)
lol, Preston's laugh is so cute!


He also got some Thomas underwear!
He wasn't too thrilled with this gift, but I know once they're in his drawer, he'll be excited to wear them! ;-)

Then grandma and grandpa Call left and it was time to get the kids to bed. (Preston putting his bike away) My sweet baby boy is 4 years old now! I can hardly believe it!!! He is truly my love, my pal, and completely Sweet-N-Sour. Sweet and loving one minute, and a royal pain in the rear the next. ;-) I love him more than I ever thought a mom could love her son.

HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY, PRESTON!
WE LOVE YOU!!!

Stats: Preston is 3 ft 3 3/4" tall (or 39 3/4"). He is 1/4" shorter than Ashleigh was at age 4. He grew 2 3/4" in a year...impressive since he doesn't eat much! ;-) I'll get his weight tomorrow...update to add soon!

No comments: