Saturday, September 11, 2010

This week

It's been a busy couple of days...or at least that's the way it seemed. Nick started his new job at Ebay, I had 2 job interviews, 2 job offers and 1 acceptance. Preston is back in Preschool twice a week, we're doing carpooling with 2 other mom's to/from Ashleigh's school. We've had dr appointments, lots of errands, and a couple of really emotional days too.

On Wednesday the kids and I went to visit my parents. We had a nice chat and the kids loved spending time with their grandparents. They don't get to see them nearly enough with everyone working and being so busy.
Ash in a dress-up outfit

My mom got patio furniture for her birthday! :-)


Preston enjoyed picking veggies from their garden even when they didn't want him to


Preston, dad, Ashleigh

This is the outfit Ashleigh picked out for herself the other day...lol. She's just SO cute and doesn't understand why I questioned her outfits. :-)


Preston made this train track all by himself and was SO proud and insisted that I take a picture of it. It's been 1 1/2 years since he saw his first "toy" train and he's still obsessed with them!!!

On Friday, after Ashleigh got home from school, and Nick left for work, I took the kids to Cookie Cutters to get Preston's haircut. I wanted to see what he would look like with a different haircut--a normal haircut...this is the best picture I got of it.
I think he looks like Braeden at 3 yrs old in this picture!
but I decided that I wanted my bowling-ball Preston head still so we shaved it all off again! :-)

We went to Kid-2-kid to get Preston a couple Sweatshirts for the fall. We went down to Orem to the Women's Expo. The kids went with me to it last year--we get in for free, we get lots of free stuff through out, and although there are lots of things I would buy if I had endless amounts of money, we stick to getting the free stuff. This year we got--2 backpacks, 8 pens, post-its, note pads, tons of candy, a water bottle, refrigerator magnets, Coloring books, crayons, etc....We had lots of fun!
As we were leaving, I saw that the "Hot and Ready" light was on at Krispy Kreme so we headed there so the kids could see how doughnuts are made. Preston was complete infatuated with watching them and would point out to me-by yelling-anytime one of the doughnuts didn't flip over like it's supposed to. Ashleigh and I took advantage of the fact that we got a free doughnut (which immediately gave me a sharp headache after I ate it!) and then we bought an assorted dozen to go.

On our way home we stopped at Smith's to get some things at the case-lot sale and then went to the bank.
Coloring at the table at the bank

On our way home we came to the playground/park and noticed Kevin's car there so we stopped to see them! Sheridan was having soccer practice. Kev and I got to chat for a bit while the kids played. After, we shared some of our doughnuts with them. It was good to see them!
Preston and Amelia enjoying their doughnuts

We got home and Ashleigh remembered that she got her school pictures back. Here it is with her First grade picture next to it. She sure has changed a lot in just 1 year! amazing how we don't really notice it from day to day.
First Grade.................Second Grade

It's been almost 2 months since our Lexus broke--the High-pressure power steering hose got a really big leak in it and had to be replaced. Nick knows a guy, who knows a guy who rebuilt and repaired the hose for us for only $90--including shipping!!! It was going to cost us about $550 to get a replacement hose from the dealer. Nick spent Friday and Saturday morning getting it put back together, changing the oil in the car, and washing/cleaning the inside and outside of it. "Lexi" is finally back and she looks beautiful!!! I'm so proud of Nick--anytime we've needed something done on our cars, he researched how to do it and then does it himself! We've saved so much money that way! I love having a handy husband!

The shiny metal hose is 1/3 of the new part...

Then it weaves under and around and comes up here...the shiny metal is the new part too.
Pretty huh?

After Nick got done with the Lexus, he went to the Mat to help his dad with something down there. Then I took Ashleigh to Jace's birthday party--a classmate. While Ash was gone, my parents came and picked up Preston for his birthday date. They take each of their grandkids out around their birthdays to buy their present and go out to lunch/dinner. It's a great way for the grandkids to have that one-on-one time with them.
I had told Preston that they were coming to get him and get his b'day present. He was completely single-minded and when they came, he didn't even want to talk about getting lunch. He ONLY wanted his present. So, instead of trying to convince him, they went to wal-mart instead and got his gift. My mom sent me these pics. It looked like Preston had a great time!!!

Riding in the cart....weeeee


He picked out Percy and James Mega-blocks.
Not quite the same as his Thomas Trains that he currently has, but he didn't care.

I love Preston's face in this picture.

My dad brought Preston home and then took both he and Ashleigh for a ride in the bed of his truck. Then the kids played with Preston's new trains for a couple of hours!!! And so far he's been playing with them for most of the day today as well (Sunday).

1 comment:

Tamsen said...

Glad the Lexus is done! What a handy guy Nick is!