Saturday, September 11, 2010

New Job

On Wednesday the 8th I had a job interview at JetBlue for a reservations agent. The interview went great and I was offered the job, however, I was unable to accept it for a number of reasons.

When I got home I got on KSL.com and applied at 3 other jobs.

The next morning, I got a call from a lady at one of the places I applied at and asked me to come in for an interview later that morning. The interview went well, but we were both concerned about the distance I will need to travel to work there...I live in Eagle Mountain and I'll be working in Murray which is a 35 min drive for me. She called me that evening and offered me the position! :-)

I'm working as an assistant bookkeeper. I'll be doing the books for 4 companies. The companies are Daines Enterprises--they have 3 Cotton stores in the area, and Daines Wholesale Distributors--they sell sewing machine and like products. The pay is ok...good enough. The drive will be longer than I was hoping for, but the hours are perfect!!! I couldn't have asked for better! And this company is extremely laid back. The lady that interviewed me, Laura, was wearing jeans and a Utah Utes sweatshirt. She said she always wears jeans, occasionally she'll roll in to work in pj's.

I'll have a LOT to learn cause this company is old school--they still use an old DOS system. They don't use Quickbooks or Quicken and until recently they used an old typewriter-type cash register. Laura was able to implement a Point of Sale system, but it took a while for everyone to be comfortable with it. Laura's been with the company for 1 1/2 years. They next newest person has been working there for 3 years! They have zero turnover. People come to work, and stay because they love it! I love that. :-)

My job starts on Monday....it'll be SO hard not seeing Nick much except for on the weekends. I'll be leaving to take Ash to school at 8am, then off to work at 9am. Home from work by 145pm and Nick leaves for work at 215pm and he doesn't get home until midnight...I'll already be in bed/asleep. So, we'll see each other for 30 min Monday thru Friday and then we'll get the weekends together. Whew....that's going to be tough!!!! :-(

overall, I'm excited about the job, but more than anything I'm going to REALLY miss my hubby!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Congrats on the job, though I'm sorry that you won't get to see Nick as much.