Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bone head

A few weeks back I requested tonight off at work. My boss-who does the schedule-told me that I wasn't on the list for requests off. When he posted the schedule for this week I was scheduled for tonight...along with many other nights! I was bummed, but what can I do...? I went in to work tonight and when I tried to clock in I was rejected--it said I was not scheduled, so I went to the schedule and saw that yes, i was scheduled, so I had a manager clock me in. But it was still nagging at me, so I checked out our front-end board to see if I was scheduled...I was not! I had my assistant manager check the back schedule and sure enough, I read the schedule WRONG!!! It said-- FR 9:00pm--12:00am--4:00am under the 3/28 date....I assumed I worked Saturday 9-4, like always. What I failed to notice was the FR at the beginning....FR is for Friday 9pm-Saturday 4am!!! Good heavens! So, I worked for an hour and came home! It's SO nice to be home before midnight!!! I have time now to do things around the house that I have been putting off since the kids are in bed and I have been working a lot this week and I'll be working a lot next week as well! I feel like a bone head, but hey, we all make mistakes, right!?!

No comments: