Sunday, March 8, 2009

Girls Night Out

My friend Becky (whom I also work with) invited me to a Girls night out. It's been a long time since I went out with a bunch of girls...I am usually just working or hanging out with Nick. It was a little adjustment to switch to girl talk rather than the funny thing that Preston or Ashleigh did today...
The night started off a little rocky. Becky lives seriously out--WAY out North West from me. It took me 45 min to get to her house! I was about 30 min late! Then we went in to Sandy/Draper area to Olive Garden. I thought for sure she had made a reservation, cause 12 girls on a Saturday night trying to get in to the OG there is NO WAY!!! I was right, it was a 2 1/2 hour wait! So instead we went across the street to Johnny Carinos. I had never been there. I will probably never go back. It was good food, I guess, but I paid more for my food there than I would have at Olive Garden and it was not nearly as good!
And, I was meeting 7 girls who I didn't know, so the "shy" Megan came out and I pretty much kept to myself for a little bit. But I picked a good seat at the table and everyone was around me and the other girls talked a lot so it was easy to join in and enjoy myself. And I did! I really had a good time! It was a lot of fun...it was a great bunch of girls. I am really glad that Nick made it possible for me to go. (Thanks babe)
The only down side was that they were continuing on at another girls house after dinner, but I had to go to work....sigh.
Hey, at least I was able to go at all, right? :-)






My friend Bethany...we used to work together.
She is VERY outgoing...very blunt and strait forward and to the point...and such a sweet girl!
I really miss working with her!







It's ME!!!











This is Becky...the host of the night. She is the first person I met when I went to the Riverton Walmart. She welcomed me with open arms to that store...made me feel SO comfortable and happy that I transferred. She has the kindest heart and I just love spending time with her!







This is Vanessa...she is Becky's friend. I didn't get a good opportunity to talk to her and get to know her, but from what I could tell, she is shy, sweet, and probably the best friend a girl could have!














These girls came with Bethany...on the right is Danielle--Bethany's sister. And Danielle's friend Holly. They were on the other end of the table so I didn't get to talk to them either, but they were really nice too!




This is Aymee...we work together too! She is one of my employees. She is soft spoken and has a genuine heart. She's a sweet girl and I am glad that I have been able to get to know her a little bit.














This is one of Becky's friends--Kim. Again, I didn't get a chance to talk to her at all...she pretty much only talked to the girls that she knew. But it was nice to meet her too.



















This is Donnelle. I don't know much about her except that she is very personable...she LOVES Toyotas and she sells jewelry. Really nice stuff! When I can justify spending $25 of a pair of earrings, she'll be the first person I'll call!











This is Michelle....You wouldn't know it to look at her, but she has some serious health issues. Becky has cried a few times at work over it. Michelle was the life of the party. She was so funny and entertaining and there was never a dull moment with her around. I am so glad I got to know her!











This is Becky's sister Heather. She is 23...she came down from Centerville. She sat next to me at dinner. She is much like her sister...very sweet, kind, funny and outgoing.















I also got some group shots....
Aymee, Holly, Danielle















Heather, Michelle, Kim, Donnelle, and Aymee



Holly, Danielle, Vanessa, Becky, and Bethany















It was also birthday month for us...my birthday is the 8th and Becky's is on the 18th so we got a free dessert and passed it around the table so everyone could enjoy it.















I don't think Michelle was very happy to get only 1 bite...so she decided to just eat it all. Lol. Jk.
I had a really fun time...I hope we do it again soon!
(Thanks for the invite, Bec)

No comments: