Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Update on work

I took that blog I wrote about what happened at work (with some editing) in to my store manager. He was unavailable--he was talking to another associate--I heard yelling...uh-oh. So I talked to Co-manager Matt. I told him the readers digest version of what happened. I gave him the papers I had brought for the store manager and he promised to get them to him as soon as he was out of his meeting.

I didn't hear from the store manager at all on Monday or Tuesday. I went to work with high hopes that I would see him and that we would be able to talk. I finally saw him just before midnight as he was leaving. He told me he got my papers, and decided to hand them over to Kevin in Personnel AND Co-manager Matt to handle. They won't be back to work until Thursday so I am going to call them then and see if I can get some answers. Store manager DID say that the reason he is turning it over to the other 2 guys is that apparently they are having this same problem/situation with another CSM too! There is an investigation starting. Any-hoo....

Now for the interesting news. When I got to work last night I told the other CSM's and 2 of my overnight cashiers that these ladies may come in since I told them I was working on Tuesday night. I was right! Literally a minute after the store manager left the ladies walked in...only this time there were 3 ladies and 1 guy. They waved and smiled at me when they came in. I responded as though nothing were out of the ordinary. I then called my assistant manager over to make him aware of the situation. We came to the decision that we would open a new register when she came up to check out. I would ring her up. and my co-worker would act as my supervisor and would monitor everything I rang up WITH the coupon that she was required to give me at the same time as the product. So, I rang up 2 things--got 2 coupons. They were ok. Then another item...no coupon, then 20 packages of huggies fresh wipes--the coupons were for Huggies diapers and they expired in February...NO Match! No sale! then she gave me 10 single packs of Dove soap and coupons for$1 off a 6-pack of dove soap--No Match! No Sale! then she gave me about 10 tiny bottles of listerine antiseptic. The coupon was for a specific kind of Listerine...not the one's she brought up. NO Match! No Sale! At that point she got fed up, started mouthing off about how my supervisor is being too picky and strict and they decided to not get anything and leave. surprise surprise!
i had to hold my tongue so I wouldn't mouth off to her! Pfew, I was just glad it was over and I am hoping and praying that they won't come back!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my darling Meg. You are so brave and so strong. I just know that you are doing the right thing and they will see that. I miss you and I am sorry I have been so busy. Good luck...