Sunday, March 1, 2009

Date night

First of all, I have to tell Tamsen--THANK YOU--for watching the kids so that Nick and I could go on a date. We had originally planned to take Ashleigh with us to a Jazz game, but found it pretty impossible to find 3 tickets (people wanted to sell them in pairs) for cheap so we decided to just go on a date...just the 2 of us.

We dropped the kids off and then went up to Salt Lake City and had dinner at the Sky Box...it's a sports type restaurant. Lots of TV's around playing a variety of sports. It's a fun atmosphere and we love the food!

Waiting for a table...
And while we waited we played some arcade games
This one was dumb...

Nick did really well at football

He beat me in basketball...not a surprise there!
We also played Foosball and other fun games.

Nick at our table waiting for our food


After dinner we went to Starbucks so I could get a Vanilla Steamer and Nick bought me some Biscotti...YUM. This guys hair was pretty impressive! I snuck a picture.

Then we went to see Nick's new office in West Jordan. He is starting work again on Monday. He's was laid off from Beneficial in November, but after almost 4 months having him home we are both ready for him to go back to work and start making some good money for our family. I am SO excited for him! His office is HUGE!!! Now we just have to buy stuff to fill it with...a desk, chair, office supplies, art work, etc. I can't wait!

Then we visited Nick's parents for a few minutes on our way to pick up the kids. We always have a good visit with them!

Our date probably doesn't sound too "interesting or fun", but for us it was perfect! It's nice to just get out with out kids for a few hours and reconnect as a couple and fall in love all over again! I only wish that we had a "regular" babysitter so we could go on dates more often, but for now we are very grateful for any opportunity that we get.

Thank you so much Tamsen!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Tamsen said...

My pleasure, Meg! I had a terrific time with your kids. I think they're wonderful! Glad you had a good date (thanks for my dessert, by the way. Very yummy!).

nicks88turbo said...

Megan, I want to remind you how much I love you. I had one of the best times Saturday. Sorry Valentines day was a couple weeks late but it was worth the wait. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you do to keep our family afloat, and to make our house a home. No matter what happens in the coming months with our house, finances etc as long as I have you it will be okay. I love you Megkins!!!!

nicks88turbo said...

P.S and you looked amazing... your hair especially... LOVE IT!!!