Sunday, June 26, 2011

Many posts in 1

Did I post this pic? Can't remember....

Preston loves playing with Dominoes and making "houses" with them. Here's his latest creation.

Emily watched my kiddos for me while I went to a job interview. When I got back to get them we were invited to join Em and her girls to go feed the ducks. There were a bunch of them!! It was so cute watching the kids throw bread to the ducks (and Preston thinking it's funny to chase them). We didn't stay too long, but we really enjoyed ourselves.



Ash had a good workout at gymnastics and had a really red face when she was done. She was so tired! :-) She LOVED it!!!

Here's where I work....it's called MotoSport and I work in Tualatin, OR. It's a long drive, which isn't good for the fuel/gas prices, but I actually enjoy the drive and I LOVE my job so far. I'm a Purchasing Assistant. It's a pretty complex job--hard to explain--but I caught on quickly and I really like my co workers and the environment and I like the job itself. I'm really happy there!

Thought it was funny that the toilet seat was UP in the women's bathroom....odd...

My desk. I haven't decorated yet and I'm still getting used to the layout, but I pretty much stare at my computer the ENTIRE time so I'm not sure I really need to get it decorated...we'll see.

Behind me sits Misty...my coworker(?)...my boss(?)....not really sure. My BOSS is Ian...so not really sure what Misty is to me... I'm taking over a lot of her work, so maybe I'm her assistant. huh...ya, that makes sense.
She's very nice, VERY quiet, and very focused on her work. It's been good working with her so far. (I love her chair)

The break room is really big...there's a ping-pong table, a BIG sectional sofa, 3 big screen tv's outfitted with dirt bike/atv video games, vending machines, fridge, etc. It's a nice place to take breaks.



On my way home from work one day I sat in traffic for a bit cause there was a car fire on the freeway. This was the only picture I could get of it...probably shouldn't have been taking pictures in traffic...oh well!

I've seen the tall thing on the right as I drive to and from work and kept wondering what it was exactly...on this day I actually saw a gondola carrying people from the West to the East....I wonder if the people who work on the big hill use this to get to their cars on the other side of the freeway, or what. It was cool to see.

Preston had some pretty bad allergies on Thursday. Allergy meds weren't helping at all so I thought maybe it was actually a cold or the start of a flu. Before he went to bed I gave him some cold medicine and put some Vicks on his chest. Friday morning Ashleigh woke me up and told me that Preston was having a hard time breathing. I hopped out of bed and saw Quinn carrying Preston to us and he was so limp. He was coughing like a seal (Croup) and was really really struggling to breathe. Poor Quinn was so freaked out!!! We got P set up doing his Albuterol breathing treatments. With in a few minutes he was doing a bit better. Once he did his breathing, I took him to urgent care. There was basically no sign by then that he had been having trouble breathing. Turns out he had an ear infection (either just starting or starting to go away...wasn't too bad) and he has bronchiolitis. We got some meds and were on our way. The medicine we got lowers his ability to fight off other illnesses so we have been keeping him away from other people until that medicine is all gone. He's doing TONS better now and his allergies seem to have lessened as well. We're very grateful!!!

1 comment:

Tamsen said...

Wow, scary experience with Preston!

My kids all play with dominoes like that. Well, after making the houses (or "birthday cakes") they bomb them with the other dominoes... :/