Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial day

It was SO nice to have a 3 day weekend with Nick. I love that he actually gets holidays off again! Saturday was spent getting our house completely cleaned inside and out. Then that night we had the Hadley family over for dinner. I made a pasta dish and Amanda brought a salad and we had ice cream for dessert. We had a great time visiting and letting the kids play. They all got along really well, which was nice! It was a fun and relaxing evening.

Sunday was a lazy day for us. Movies and playing with the kids. Then we went on a family bike ride to the park and played with the kids on the play ground.

On Monday we headed out to the cemeteries to put flowers on the graves. We went to Christian's first, then to my Great Grandparents Webb, and finally to my Great Grandparents Eraut. We also drove past my Great Gma Eraut's old house. I loved that house...it has so much charm and is a perfect Portland house. There was a lady on the porch so I had to sneak the picture...that's why it's crooked. The kids were both really good at each stop and they helped a ton with cleaning off the headstones and putting out the flowers on each one.

Christian's
Before we cleaned it


After




Webb Great Grandparents
-Before-

After

Eraut Great Grandparents
-Before-
(theirs was already pretty clean)

After

Great Gma Eraut's old house

5 comments:

Tamsen said...

Thanks for cleaning the graves, Meg! Brings back memories...

I loved Grandma Eraut's house. Remember playing in the basement and in those front rooms?

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

THANK YOU, Daughter! Sure appreciate it! Love you so much! mom

Megan said...

I love Gma Eraut's house too! Yes, I totally remember the basement...and the narrow stairs up to the bedrooms and the little tv room where that old rocking chair used to be that mom and dad have now. Her house is definitely one that I would buy and live in myself. Love the charm.

Annie Whitelaw said...

Looks like you had an amazing Memorial Day as a family! I can only imagine how happy you are to back in the area :) We sure do love you guys!

Nick said...

I had a really good time with you and the kids. Its nice having all 3 of my kids in the same town again. Just didnt feel right living in UT with Christian back in WA. I love you Megs!!