Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Amazing skies!!!

We had the most beautiful and amazing summer storm the other day. It had been a totally clear and warm day when all of the sudden this dark cloud rolled in and the rain, Long/loud thunder, and bright lightning started! The whole family went outside to enjoy it! We stood on our driveway breathing in the sweet smell of the rain hitting the pavement. It was magical and beautiful and such a perfect evening!

This rainbow was literally over the house across the street from us!
















I love this picture--you can see the rainbow and our flag in our yard and the sky is so dark, but the houses are still so bright with the sun shining down on them!

Then, in true Megan fashion, I had to take some "I'm a dork" pictures!

First, a "catch Nick off guard" picture



















Then it seemed he was trying to get away from me...how strange!



















So I stuck my tongue out to see if I could entice him...nope, didn't work















And finally I tried some good old fashioned "Cheese"...boy does he look annoyed with me! HaHaHa...can you blame him?!?!















Just like a TRUE Megan offspring...here is Preston riding his bike with his goldfish crackers in the rain! Yes....What a good boy! ;-)















I took a couple videos while I was outside watching the storm too....

This is Ash running in the rain with her friends....the garbage can got knocked down by the wind earlier that day...



And this I took at the beginning of the storm...when I pan down to Preston you can see the flash of the lightning off his face. It's pretty cool!!!



And finally, this is Preston talking about the rainbow and "I can hear the thunder"...if you turn your volume way up you can hear how loud it was! It was awesome!

1 comment:

Josh n Betsie said...

ok i love the pictures and i LOVE your hair. Seriously it looks so good. you would love the storms here. Even though they have tornados come with them they are still crazy cool. But there is nothing like that smell of Utah rain