Sunday, June 28, 2009

Changing a flat

At work last week one of my co workers told me my van had a flat tire. I thought he was just teasing me, but when i went out an hour or so later to check, sure enough it was my van that had a flat tire! It had a large screw in it--no doubt from all the construction that's going on around here!

My co worked Lisa came out to check on me and ended up helping me a LOT! She read the owners manual and told me what to do and helped me get the lug nuts off--those suckers were on REALLY tight! We had to stand on the wrench thing and bounce up and down until our body weight helped to loosen it.
I found the spare tire, but couldn't figure out how to get the darn thing down! It took us forever to find this little flap that had the bolt that we unscrew to release the tire.

After that the whole thing was fairly simple. The hardest part for me was feeling confident enough that we tightened the lug nuts enough so I could travel home! i did...and I made it home safely! It was quite an adventure--especially at 4am!Oh--the only thing that irritated me was seeing a cop parked nearby while we were changing the tire and he never came over to offer his help! Isn't that one of the things they are supposed to do??? Whatever, we didn't need his help!
(blurry pic..sorry!)

(Me and Lisa)

No comments: