Friday, October 29, 2010

Pumpkins

We found out a few years ago that Ashleigh is allergic to raw pumpkin, or the pumpkin guts, as she calls it. One year we carved pumpkins and she broke out in hives. We have no idea if it was just a fluke, but we decided that rather than take the chance, we would paint our pumpkins instead of carve them. It was a great idea and we all had fun...although, I always have a creative mental block in my head. Being a lefty, I should be artistic, but I am not. and I'm ok with that.

Nick on the other hand, has his mom's talent....his "U" for University of Utah was so perfect! I was really impressed.

Ashleigh loves anything having to do with art, crafts, etc. She basically just painted one color on top of another, but oddly, it looked really really good when she was done.

Preston just blobs the colors on. It looked like mud, but it's completely him. Both kids really enjoyed themselves and so did we.

I love their aprons. lol. So cute!
I'll get a pic of all our finished pumpkins soon....

No comments: