Monday, April 11, 2011

"Chewy"



Quinny moved back to Utah from Texas and we went over to see her and meet her new little man. I have no idea what his real name is, but I decided to call him Chewy...and he comes when I call him, so I guess that's his name. ;-) He is a Chi-weeny (Chihuahua & Dachshund mix) and oh my goodness what a CUTE little dog and SO sweet and loving!!!

Unfortunately...Preston is still very much allergic to dogs. :-( He got to play with Chewy for about 45 min before his eye started swelling and I could hear his breathing becoming compromised. I gave him some Benedryl and we headed home. We all changed our clothes, washed hands/faces and I put Preston in a bath (where I noticed he was breaking out in hives on his arms and legs and chest) and then did his Albuterol breathing treatment. It's so frustrating! We all love dogs so much and it's hard/annoying having a child who is so allergic. I hope that someday he'll grow out of it, but for now, we just have to keep him in a dog free environment.

No comments: