Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Preston talking....



Preston has really started to try to talk lately. His favorite thing to say right now is "Uh-oh" and "Bye-Bye". I've been trying forever to get him to start signing the word for more, but he just refused, and instead repeatedly screams mama mama mama mama mama when he wants something! VERY annoying! In church on Sunday, we were trying to keep Preston quiet, but stuffing him with food-ha ha, I see him reach his hand out and I know that his mamamaamamammama scream is going to come out, I didn't say a thing and instead I did the motion for more...all of the sudden, he stopped and did the sign back to me!!! I was floored! I smiled, gave him a big hug and of course gave him more food! He's been fairly consistent doing it ever since. It was so exciting to me! Also, I have decided that he is not to "demand" food anymore so I have patiently taught him how to say please and I won't give him what he wants unless he says please and/or does the sign for more. Oh, it's so cute and so fun when kids finally learn to start talking! I absolutely LOVE it!!!!

1 comment: