Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Saturday and Sunday morning--Easter fun!

Our Eggs....

(side note story--I worked Friday and Saturday night...I stayed late both nights. We had a LOT of seasonal freight that had to be worked and put out. On Saturday night when I got to work at 9pm, I found out that we ran out of EGGS and CANDY!!! It was crazy to think that we didn't have anything to offer everyone who had come in to buy for Easter at the last minute! We finally got eggs in at 11pm...and they couldn't stock them fast enough before customers took them off the shelves! It was insane couple of nights!)

Back to our Easter events....

Ashleigh coloring her own bunch of 18 eggs

Nick was so sweet and colored eggs that said--I love Meg, and nac + mac. what a loving guy!

Ash loved that she could put little faces on her egg.

Preston showing off his eggs...notice how wet and colorful his FINGERS are?

Here are all of our eggs in the end. Mine are all the plain-one-color eggs. I have zero imagination! Lol.

So, Saturday night I went to work at 9pm...I was supposed to be off at 230am, but soon after I got there, my boss asked if I could stay until 4am...I hesitantly said yes....it's good to have the extra hours/money, but knew I needed to set up the kids Easter stuff, and I had a lot of baking to do for Easter dinner, etc... At about 3am, my boss came to me again and asked if I could stay any later than 4am...I asked him how late? and he said...until all our work is done? I nearly had a meltdown...I had not prepared myself mentally to stay so late, but again, I said yes. I ended up staying until 5:47am!!! OUCH!!! I was emotionally a wreck--so tired! I got home at 6:30am, did the Easter stuff for the kids and went to bed a little after 7am--completely expecting that Nick would wake me up at 830 when the kids were ready. He let me sleep in until 10:30am!!! And then our Easter began!!!

Here is the trail I set up for the kids...From their bedrooms....

Down the stairs...

And to their baskets in our family room...

Ashleigh collecting her jelly bean trail...

And Preston following close behind...

They had so much fun!!!


And the end result--the Easter baskets! Yummy!

3 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

wow that is alot of jelly beans.

manders said...

Sorry you had to work so late but you still did an amazing job with the bunny trail and baskets.

Anonymous said...

Ahh tradition. Thanks for sharing.