Friday, July 17, 2009

Let the potty training BEGIN...and other tidbits

It's funny, yesterday I was thinking that not much new is going on it our lives. We work, we sleep, we clean, we play, etc...and not much else. I was actually thinking that Nick and I are pretty boring people... But then....

Last night after I gave Preston a bath I asked him if he wanted to go potty on the toilet. He said YES! He was really excited! With in a few minutes he had peed in the toilet (so he got some chocolate balls (Whoppers) which are his favorite candy). Then about thirty min later he wanted to try to go on the toilet again. After getting on and off a few times, and figuring out how to "push", he finally pooped in the toilet too! (He got a LOT of Chocolate balls after that!) We all did a little happy dance, gave him high-5's and cheered. He was so proud of himself and so are we!

Then I had to go to work--where lots of "exciting" stuff is going on. It looked like I was going to lose my job, but then more information came out about another associate (Who was trying to get me fired) and now my job is probably 95% safe...and hers is getting very close to ending! They are doing an investigation right now so I won't be able to give details until it's all over and done with! but I spent 4 hours of my 5 hour shift in my store managers office talking and writing out my statement! Pfew!

Today, I slept in a little too long and Preston used his diaper instead of the toilet, but once that diaper was changed, I put him in underwear and he has been that way all day! Preston will go pee in the toilet with No prodding, but he is still letting it go whenever he wants like when he had a diaper on, so we've had 3 pee accidents so far today. Normally, I would put him back in a diaper and say "screw it", but I decided against it and am just trying to keep him on an every 30 min schedule of trying to go on the toilet. It's really exciting to think that by the end of July I will hopefully have a fully potty trained little boy--all before he turns 3! Yay!

And, the Orkin guy came out today to check the mouse traps, etc...our official count is 6 mice, not 4 like I originally thought! there were 2 more in the trap in the garage--they were not there last week when nick checked the traps!

And finally, I decided it was time for me to be brave and so I made brownies, arranged them on a plate, and made a little note attached that said something like--Welcome!! Please let me know if you ever need anything or if I can help out in any way! Then I wrote all of our names (and the kids' ages) and our phone number. I took it over to my new neighbors. They are busily unloading boxes, etc...probably wasn't the best time to bring them treats and introduce myself, but oh-well. the neighbor mom-Jessica and I chatted for a minute--her husband swooped in and took the brownies--his personality reminds me of Nick's. They have a son-Bentley who is almost 4. And she told me how fun it's been to have Ashleigh come and say hi to them every time they come home (since Ash is out playing constantly, she sees them more than I do.) I didn't catch the husbands name, but Ashleigh tells me his name is Braeden... They seem like really nice people!! I hope that that really is in fact the case as we get to know each other more as neighbors.

Now, Ash, her friend Haylie, and Preston are playing in our sprinklers out front. It's almost 100 degrees here so I thought they could use a little cooling off! Plus, Preston can pee out there and I will never know! Lol.... (He already figured out how to pull his underwear down and pee outside! that's Nick's boy! Ha ha ha!)

1 comment:

Patrick and Emily said...

I am being majorly lazy about potty training Avery. Good job with Preston. It sounds like it's been almost too easy for you; no fair!