Monday, November 2, 2009

Merry Christmas to ALL

We may be a little weird, but Nick and I just LOVE this time of year and for us, Christmas goes way too fast, so to extend it a little bit, we decided to put up our decoration (a lot) early this year! Yesterday we spent the evening with the kids putting up the tree and decorating our house. We did a lot of our Christmas decoration shopping last year after Christmas was over to get everything for more than 50% off! We'll increase our decorations again this year by shopping after Christmas again this year! :-)

We let the kids decorate the tree (with a little help from Nick)




The end result....Pretty good, huh? ;-)

We bought most of these little village things last year--my grandma Leslie and Aunt Maree create amazing villages every Christmas...eventually we'll something similar, but for now, this is all we've got. (I still need to buy the cotton stuff for underneath)

I also bought this cute little nativity scene...my mom has lots of nativities in her house each Christmas. I have 2 now and plan to increase them too over the years.



We also decorated the little ceiling/ledge between our living room and kitchen. We bought those Nutcrackers, and my Aunt Maree gave the kids those toys on the right last year! :)
I love this time of year and I am excited that "Christmas" will be around in our house for more than 2 months! :) Yay!
I'll post more pictures once we get the outside lights up too. :)

No comments: