Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July celebration

We went to my in-laws for a BBQ and to watch the Thanksgiving Point fireworks. They had been moving from one house to another and just looked so tired! I was glad to go over there, but sad that they had to do any work at all to feed/entertain us since they were so tired! We had fun...and the only down side was that I had to leave the minute the fireworks ended to go to work and ended up being 30 min late. Oh-well. It was worth it so that I could spend the time with my family!

Preston with his new haircut--drinking out of a cup...


Christopher and Randy enjoying the many different pieces of cow that was served.



Mom Call--never too happy with me when I take a picture of her! SORRY!!!!!


Ashleigh and Me


Mini BBQ chef...Preston had a hard time staying away from the bbq.


I decided to start setting off the fireworks before it got totally dark out, cause at this point I was still debating on whether or not to leave to get to work on time...
We didn't want to burn the deck with our fireworks so we used a bucket...I am a dork, but one of my favorites to light are the snakes---the little dots that you light and they just grow and grow and grow. The kids loved it! The boys (Nick) not so much!



Then the kids wanted to play on the piano...

And then I insisted we taste test each of the pies that Juli made--There was a chocolate pie, a lemonade pie, and a frozen strawberry cheesecake pie. they were all very YUMMY and I enjoyed sampling them many times over!

Then we went out to set off fireworks--my camera pretty much blows when it starts to get dark out, so most/all of these pictures are really blurry--sorry!
Preston wanted to sweep up the firework mess...




Love his tongue sticking out...
Then we watch as the Thanksgiving point fireworks went off and then I booked it to work! Overall, it was a fun albeit quick 4th of July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you got some photos. It was a very fun time. I loved lighting things with you and the kids. It was blast. Hope we can do it again. Love you!!!!