Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ashleigh got a hair cut!

When Ashleigh was 3 she got a hold of some scissors and cut off a whole bunch of her hair. We couldn't hide the damage, so we had to get all her hair cut really short. I HATED it, but both Nick and Quinn (who was living with us at the time) loved it. I couldn't wait for it to grow out....
No, this is not the new haircut--see the date on the picture??? It's from 2006...
In 2 years it grew from her shoulders to her waist. I LOVE her long hair, but it really was looking scraggly and dead at the bottom...


So I started putting the idea in her head to get it trimmed....she really did not want it done (she always beams when someone compliments her on how LONG her hair is), but soon she changed her mind and after few phone calls to family members to do it (and a cancellation) we decided to just follow the "recommendation" from Laurie's blog and we went to Cookie Cutters Haircuts in Draper. If you didn't read Laurie's blog about Conner's haircut you should--this place is AMAZING!!! It's small, but is so child appropriate! There was a play place to keep Preston occupied while Ash was getting her hair cut. Ashleigh chose to watch Cinderella and decided to sit in the pretty pink car all while getting her hair cut.
The lady looked to me to see how I wanted Ashleigh's hair, but I told her that it is ALL Ashleigh's choice....I gave Ashleigh completely free reign on how short or long she wants her hair. My only criteria was that they do NOT give her bangs.

I was very happy with the length that she chose...


Had to get a picture of Preston---CHEESE!!!
At the end they gave both her AND Preston a balloon and a sucker. What fun!!!

And here's the final result! What do you think??? It's unanimous--we all LOVE it!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it is just darling and makes me wanna cry cause she is so pretty and grown up. It is going by too fast. I love you Ash.

Josh n Betsie said...

Oh it is so pretty. now we both have the same hair. Tell ash I love it and love her and miss you all so much

arah said...

Brinley and Ashleigh now have the same haircut, no bangs and all.
We have to get these little "twins" together again soon.
Love you guys!

Patrick and Emily said...

Ashleigh, your hair looks beautiful!! Bridget and I loved looking at your pretty pictures!

Tamsen said...

So So So SO pretty! I love it!!