Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Couponing

Walgreens was having a great sale on all sorts of medicines. We can ALWAYS use medicines--especially in the winter when it seems my kids are always sick! So I went and stocked up... I was really disappointed though...I didn't do nearly as well as I had hoped, but when I told Nick what I had spent for all this, he was impressed--considering each of these meds are at least $5 each usually!
Oh, and I was charged for 3 Robitussin and only got 2 so I went back to get my 3rd one--AND, they charged me $5.99 for each of them and they were supposed to be $3.99 each, so I had to go back to get my 3rd Robitussin and to get the $6 back for the overcharges.

My bottom line--after all is said and done, I spent $36.89 and saved $65.88 which is a 64% savings.

2 comments:

Tamsen said...

Wow! I know where to go for the drugs! We use them so rarely that when we do go to the medicine cabinet for some, we are disappointed to find they've expired (with only one or two uses!)!

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

Hey, dad could use some DAY QUIL - do you have any we could buy? Love you!! mom