Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sad and miserable

this will be a journal type post....feel free to ignore it if not interested.

For the last week I have been busting my butt at work to make sure our assignments are done each night. Seasonal is one area that constantly needs work and there is always freight that needs to be thrown (Merchandise from boxes put up on shelves). I've overcompensated for my coworkers and pushed my back to it's limits! Each night I've been telling Nick that my back kind of hurts. It was more of an ache than anything else but on Friday it was hurting more than just an ache. I worked through it. On my way home from work Saturday morning it was hurting really bad.

Ya know the pain scale you see at doctors offices? 1=you are fine, 10=you are dying it hurts so bad! Well, that morning my back felt at about a 6. By the afternoon when I woke up it was easily at a 10! I was literally in tears! To me, it hurt worse than labor!!! The pain is in an isolated location--about mid/low back on my left side next to the muscle that surrounds the spine. The rest of me felt fine! That spot on my back felt like the worst charlie-horse and someone poking at me really really hard! The real problem was that I could not get comfortable! The pain did not decrease even a little no matter what position I was in--standing, sitting, laying down, walking, etc...and forget about trying to lay on my stomach! That was worse than all the rest! I tried to lay on my stomach so Nick could rub my back and as soon as I laid down the pain intensified so much I was hysterically crying!

I took 4 Advil, then later took 4 Extra Strength Tylenol, then later took 2 Aleve--None of which helped at all! The pain didn't diminish even a little bit! I also rotated heat and ice and I tried to rest the whole day! NOTHING helped it at all!!!! But, at bed time I took 1 Tylenol with codeine....Ah....boy did that help! The pain didn't really go away so much as I was able to finally just relax and get some sleep! I slept for 5 hours strait through and when I woke up I felt much better! My pain level was probably at a 6. That is, until I got up and started moving around. Within an hour or so it shot back up to a 10!!! AGAIN!!!! I was miserable!


Friday night...Nick called me while I was at work and told me that Preston threw up...thankfully I was able to leave work early to come home and help him. He only threw up once so we figured it was a fluke kind of thing.

Saturday afternoon...
Randy and Juli took time out of their day to come over so Randy and Nick could give me a blessing. Then Randy and Juli cleaned my house! They did my dishes, picked up all the toys, trash, clothes etc...vacuumed, swept, washed my counters, etc...They did so much for me in short amount of time...I was so impressed, and so touched! It really meant so much to me!

Saturday night...Nick went out with "the guys" and I had promised a lady from work that I would pick her up from Trax and take her to work-even though I wasn't working! I hadn't planned on my back hurting and I didn't want to cancel on her since I had already committed. So, I painfully piled the kids in the car and went to go pick her up. As I got to my exit I heard Preston in the back starting to whine and trying to get my attention. I looked in my rear view mirror just in time to see him throw up! UGH!!! I pulled over...and realized I didn't have ANY baby wipes in my car! What was I thinking!?! I panicked and freaked out! Nick didn't drive himself to the guys night out, so he couldn't come and help me! I called my friend and told her I couldn't come pick her up and then I called my mom in a complete hysterical panic and asked her for her help! Thank goodness she was home! I drove the 20 min to her house. She helped me get Preston out of my van--with my hurt back it was hard for me to pick him up and hold him. She helped me get him in the bath, she fed Ashleigh some dinner and was just there for me...comforting me! I went in and out of hysteria numerous times while I was there! I finally composed myself enough to go home. I got the kids to bed and tried to rest my back again.

Nick came home from his guys night shortly thereafter and let me cry on his shoulder some more. Then I took a Tylenol with Codeine and drifted off to sleep...

Sunday morning...I had called work the night before and let them know how bad my back was and that I needed to come in to fill out an incident report. So, I went in, filled out the report, and talked to the assistant managers about going to their doctor. We discussed it and decided that they would "Store use" a bottle of Naproxen (Aleve) and I would take those regularly to see if that helped at all...I am supposed to call them on Tuesday (the next night that I work next) and let them know if I am doing better. If not, than I will go to their doctor at that time.

Sunday, I have been taking lots of pills (sick) and resting!

Sunday night...I was FINALLY starting to feel a bit of relief! My pain was at about a 6! A huge decrease considering how much it's hurt for the last day and a half. I am NOT looking forward to what tomorrow brings! I don't know how much more of this pain I can handle! I would much rather be in labor than feel like this anymore!

Preston didn't throw up again, but Ashleigh was up most of the night throwing up. Nick stayed up with her to take care of her. We kept her home from school. Nick got about an hour of sleep total! I was able to get some sleep, but once I got up today my back started hurting a ton again!

My boss from work called me to check up on me and see how I was feeling. I told her it is not getting any better and so I will be going in to work tomorrow to see the work doctor and hopefully get something stronger than just Aleve to help it get better!

I think the whole family is pretty miserable today!

1 comment:

arah said...

that really stinks!
I was in a car accident right before Matt and I got married. I have had problems with my baxk ever since. when it goes out, OH MY GOSH! the pain is horrible. I feel for you.
If you can make it to a Chiropractor, they can probably relieve the pain immediately. I'm not sure Walmart will cover it, but it's definitely worth it.
Hope you all feel better soon.