Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tuesday

I called work last night to see if I could come in and see the doctor. I was told No! There wasn't a female assistant managers working who could take me, so I had to wait until today.

I went in today. ALL the female assistants were at lunch so I had to wait an hour. Then, They got my paperwork ready and I FOLLOWED the female assistant (Never got her name) to the doctors in Draper. (Why did I have to wait for a female if I was just going to follow her!?!) She waited with me until they called me back and then she left.

I had my blood pressure, pulse, and temperature taken. Then I took a drug test. Then the dr came in to see me. After examining my back and asking me a bunch of question he told me that he is prescribing me some pills, and that I should only do light duty at work, but that I am cleared to go back to work tonight!

I was PISSED!!!!

I am hurting and in a lot of pain and I told him that, but he didn't seem to care!

One of the pills he Rx'd me is a muscle relaxer that I can only take before I go to bed....but I work tonight--until 4am...how a I supposed to take it? I have to wait until morning!
Shouldn't I have been able to have another day off work to take it and see if it helps???

I went back to work to take them my paperwork, got my Rx filled and when I went to the back to talk to my boss I broke down! I started crying....I am so upset that I have to work tonight! I don't know if I can do it! Plus, I am so tired...after having a hurt back and trying to help Nick take care of sick kids for the past 3 days, I haven't gotten enough sleep to be able to stay up all night at work! I am going to try to nap now for a little bit.

Poor nick is sick today...Flu. He's achey and has chills. I wish I could do more to help him!

Jana came over today to get Preston. What a sweetheart!!! She just came over on her own with out my asking and has had him for most of the day! It's been so nice not having to worry about him since he's the only one who seems to be doing better! Thank you SO much Jana!!!

So....the illnesses are still hanging on. We're all miserable and tired and frustrated and very anxious to finally be well again! Our house needs some serious help, my laundry is piling up, and it just feels gross to be here!

Ever wish you could just run away from your life for a while?
I do....

2 comments:

Tamsen said...

You poor thing! We're praying for you! I'm so happy Jana took Preston. Isn't she wonderful? Love you!!

arah said...

which I could come help you guys. You'll be in our prayers. I do hope you guys start to feel better soon.
love you, miss you