Friday, February 27, 2009

Walgreens

Walgreens has an offer going where if you transfer a prescription from anywhere else to them they will give you a $25 gift card when you fill that Rx! Well, Preston was prescribed some meds at his last doctor visit and sent the Rx to the clinics pharmacy to be filled. I called Walgreens and asked them to transfer his Rx to their store. I went to pick it up...paid $7.65 for the Rx and got my $25 gift card. Pretty good deal, huh? This offer is good until April 1, 2009!
Then, I realized that I had $18 in register rewards (RR) that was going to expire in 2 days...so I had to go shopping! :-)

I bought 2 packages of diapers--buying 2 I got $2 off instantly

2 Pedialyte....I had coupons...and with the kids being sick I needed to replenish our supply

2 L'Oreal hair color...in the Easy Saver book for February you get $5 off when you buy 2, and I used 2 $2 coupons

3 Excedrin (20ct)...on sale for $1.99, I had a $1 off coupon for each making them $0.99. And each one printed off a $1 RR (this means I made $0.01 on each one)

6 candy bars....on sale Buy 1 Get 1 free (B1G1) and I had 3 B1G1 coupons...which made my 6 candy bars FREE!

And finally-1 A&D Diaper rash ointment....I had a $1 off coupon...and Preston really needed it!

My subtotal before coupons, etc was $70.99
BUT, I had coupons, my $18 RR, and my $25 gift card that I used...
My OOP (out of pocket/actually paid) was only $3.36
I saved $67.63
95% savings!


$3.36 for all this! Pretty good, eh?
And all because I transferred one little prescription!
Ha Ha Ha

No comments: