Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Toast and Gravy

Ok, so here's the story--Juli's great grandparents on her dads side were poor dairy farmers with lots of milk and bread...so they "invented" this gravy. It's been passed down and passed down and now it's in my hands to be able to make it like his mom does.
Pfew--that's pressure! But guess what????


I DID IT RIGHT!!!!
Nick LOVED it! He said I made it perfectly!
Yay for me!


Pouring on the gravy in our beautiful new gravy boat! See--it's true, you make gravy more often when you actually have a boat to put it in! (thanks mom!) I loved it!

Nicks plate with the end result...that's pepper on top. Yes, he likes his pepper...just like his grandpa! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is lovely toast and gravy - seriously I want to be invited over for some. As far as the story of where it came from, I was just speculating - I don't know that for a fact, but it is a good story. Love ya....

Josh n Betsie said...

yummy that looks good! I need to make some. Too bad Im the only one that eats it.

Tamsen said...

Wow, that looks really good.

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

Now try the Webb family "poor-man's meal" - MILK TOAST!! Toast bread, break into bite-sized pieces. Add a huge dollop of butter and a spoonful of sugar. Pour over the top hot whole milk (warm up on stove JUST to boiling point - can't be low-fat milk!) Enjoy! ...my father ate this every day of his life for breakfast and sometimes for a snack before bedtime. ...and now you know why he had a heart attack at 56 years old!!! Sometimes these great old recipes are just not that good for us, huh?! Love, mom