Saturday, November 29, 2008

Birthday date with Nick





I took Nick out last night for a surprise birthday date. We went to the Sky Box in Salt Lake (thanks Quinn for the recommendation). Its like a sports bar and grill. The food was a little spendy, but SO yummy!


















Nick started the night off with some wings...












And then he decided to try the Monster Burger. The server joked around with Nick a lot that it wasn't too big so we really didn't know what to expect....this thing is HUGE!!!
HOLY COW...that's a huge burger! Nick ate less than half but said it was SO good!

















I went out of my normal comfort zone and actually ordered a steak. It has blue cheese on top....YUM! YUM YUM YUM








When we were at dinner I told Nick the rest of our plans for the evening. He was so surprised and excited when i told him we were going to a Jazz game! :)



Although, he wasn't too happy that I kept taking his picture. ha ha

















This is the view from our seats. We were in the top section...not great seats, but it was still fun.













Us.












Had to get a pic of the Jazz skin dancers.












And the mascot too.
















And a pic of the stats of nick's favorite jazz player of all time--John Stockton.












This couple was in front of us. I've never seen a girls so excited about a Jazz game. They stood up and cheered after every 3 point shot and then high-fived each other and then she would always say something to him--we never could figure out what she was saying. They cracked us up. It was fun watching them.







I got a shot of Nick watching the game. I am sure he would have liked to have been more free to get up and cheer and get in to the game more, but being with me, he was so sweet and had his arm around me or held my hand pretty much constantly. I loved it! :)












Free throw shot













At the end of the game, doesn't he look happy?














And another 1 of us before we left for home. I had such a great time...glad Nick did too! :)

We also got a free poster and cup, and then bought Nick a new Jazz T-shirt. He looks great in it! :)


The final score of the game was 120 to 94 It was a great game!
Thank so much to Juli and Randy for watching the kids for us! We REALLY appreciate it!

3 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

oh fun!

Tamsen said...

Wow! Looks like you had a fantastic time. I even would've liked it, and I'm not a Jazz fan (sorry Nick)!

Russ and Suzanne Ballard said...

Looks like a great time! I'll see you tomorrow....(I'm subbing at Rockwell). Love you. mom