Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween day


My Halloween was really busy and eventful--just the way I like my days to go. It started with Juli coming over to watch Preston so that I could go to Ashleigh's school to help with their Halloween party. It was so cute, they had 3 "stations", cookie frosting/decorating, pin the face on the pumpkin, and make a ghost out of dum-dum suckers. I was in charge of the pin the face on the pumpkin station. I blind folded the kids one by one and gave them a part of a pumpkins face and they taped it on-in random places. It was really funny! The kids did so good. Ashleigh, of course, was so excited to have her "mommy" in class and she tried to "show me off". What a little love. :)

When we got home we couldn't find Juli and Preston. We finally found them coming down the street. They had gone on a very long walk where Preston proceeded to throw "4 1/2 million rocks" in to the gully. Juli has some great pictures of their outing on her blog.

I decided that Juli needed to stay for a while so I invited her to come with us to Ashleigh's school for their Halloween carnival. She said yes...Yipee! :) To pass the time we ate lunch and played a scripture game that was in the Friend magazine. And we talked and talked and talked. I love visiting with Juli.

Then we went to the carnival. It was outside--perfect day--no rain, slightly warm. Turns out it was mix between a carnival and a trunk or treat.
It was fun, but definitely not as exciting as I was hoping it would be, but the kids had fun, so that's really all that matters, right?
The kids played pumpkin bowling, bean bag toss, cake walk, etc. They also had a bob for apples station--with that many kids I didn't think it would be very smart for us to do that...too many germs.

(don't be mad at this picture Juli--it's cute, I don't care what you say!!! Love you!!!)















After a bit, Preston started getting grumpy so Juli was nice enough to keep an eye on him while he went to the jungle gym to play. I caught a cute picture of them kissing. ahhh




















Ash was so excited when she saw "the real Snow White" there. She told us that she worked for 10 years at Disney World as Snow White...and other characters. I suggested that she start a business as a princess for girls parties. I hope she does, she'd be great!

Then we went trunk or treating. Most of the candy was gone so pretty much everyone was handing out only tootsie rolls. Oh-well.

We went home shortly after. There wasn't a whole lot to do there, but we did have fun. I was just really glad that Juli agreed to come with us. It was great having her around for the day.








I took a picture of this girl there just because I loved her eyelashes. What a lucky little girl!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I suppose anyone who is holding their head back like that looks like they have 10 chins. Yikes. For the sake of your blog, I won't complain. You were watching us kiss... How funny. Preston was in such a good mood that whole day. It was very fun.